Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
+ 1 lb lean ground beer or turkey
+ 1 small yellow onion, diced
+ 1 cup shredded, frozen hashbrown potatoes
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 1/4 unsalted butter
+ 1/4 cup flour
+ 1 cup Sasquatch Stout
+ 1 cup heavy cream
+ 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (you can add up to 3 cups as preferrred)
+ 3 tbsp ketchup
+ 2 tbsp mustard
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown meat with onions, garlic, and potatoes. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan over medium heat melt the butter. Add in the flour, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until the color changes to golden.
- Add the Sasquatch Stout and the heavy cream, again stirring constantly until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove the mixture from the burner and slowly add the cheese (you can add up to 3 cups). Whisk until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Add ketchup, mustard, and the meat mixture to the cheese and stir until heated through. Serve warm.
- Set aside and refrigerate desired amount of Cheddar Stout Dip until firm (at least 20 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Roll out your prepared crust and cut into an equal number of rounds (mine were about 2 inches).
- Fill your mini pie rounds with approximately 2 Tablespoons of dip.
- Top with another pie crust round and pinch seams together with a fork. Slice a vent on the top of each mini pie and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and heated through.
Sasquatch Stout from Old Yale Brewing was voted “Best Beer in Canada” for 2014! This beer is smooth with notes of mocha, coffee and roasted barley and pairs well with a steak, oysters or even chocolate cake!