The Tasting Room Supervisor will primarily provide customer service at Old Yale Brewing’s tasting room and at outside events as needed. The role will support the Tasting Room at the Brewery which includes additional duties such as stocking, cleaning, inventory ordering, responding the social media inquiries and some sales support. Additionally, this role will maintain a working and editing knowledge of the tasting room POS system, understanding of all applicable liquor laws as well as all of Old Yale’s internal safety policies and procedures. This role will also be responsible for supervising the other tasting room staff on their shift each day.
This role is responsible for ensuring smooth service in the tasting room, upholding our brand values, and working with the rest of the tasting room team to uphold a positive, welcoming, and comfortable experience for all customers.
This position reports to the Tasting Room Manager and will work collaboratively with all members of the Brewery team.
- Maintaining the role of Customer Service Representative as well as:
- Knowledge of cloud reporting and admin options on TouchBistro
- Adding new products, appropriate taxes, modifiers, and discounts
- Aware of applicable liquor laws related to Tasting Room and confident in enforcing them
- Basic understanding of brewing process, our brew house, and an in-depth understanding of all product details, and branding
- Solid grasp of proper beer tasting practices
- Flavour profiles on flights
- Proper pouring standards
- Beer Clean glassware
- IBU’s, ABV’s, and Malt profiles
- Maintaining up to date advertising of menus, merchandise, events, and other promos
- Menu Board
- Swag Pricelist
- Cask Day set up
- Open Mic
- Food ordering
- Working closely with Tasting Room Manager to help promote further sales growth in the tasting room
- Maintaining direct communications with Tasting Room Manager regarding issues such as:
- Safety/Security issues
- Customer updates
- Sales updates
- Full understanding of tasting room policies and procedures with the confidence and ability to enforce the policies to the rest of the tasting room staff
- Always ready to step up to the plate and help out with in-house, on-site, and off-site events
- Maintaining specialized tasting room cleanliness such as line cleaning and laundry duties.
- Basic understanding of draught systems
- With support from the marketing team, will respond to customer inquiries via our website, as well as answering and interacting with our fans on each of our social media channels.
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to get the job done and completes other duties as required within the same scope and level.
- A love and passion for craft beer!
- Minimum 3 years of customer service experience
- Some knowledge or experience in the brewing industry
- Some knowledge of the BC Liquor Laws
- Proven customer service skills in order to provide impeccable customer service to our customers;
- Ability to complete basic mathematics and use a cash register;
- Be a high energy and performance driven with a strong desire for continuous improvement along with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Basic Reading/Writing Skills
- Flexibility, dependable, and dedication
- Enthusiasm for sharing your passion for beer
HOURS OF WORK
This is a part time position. The Employee schedule could include weekday, weekend and evening work.