The Tasting Room & Hospitality Manager is responsible for promoting Old Yale Brewing to the public. They will oversee the tasting and sale of beer and non-beer products in the brewery’s lounge and retail store to maximize sales potential. The Tasting Room & Hospitality Manager will also oversee the daily operations of the tasting room, taking pride in the brand, and ensuring that the team is providing exceptional customer service and creating an innovative, educational and compelling sales experience for our customers. Additionally, the Tasting Room & Hospitality Manager will oversee the food program and food truck staff; ensuring that our food truck and food program are running efficiently, productively and are complementing our overall tasting room operation. This role also includes, from time to time, additional day-to-day duties such as serving, stocking, cleaning, inventory ordering, social media management and some sales support.
This position reports to the General Manager and works collaboratively with all members of the brewery team.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training and leading both the customer service team as well as the food truck team. Will ensure that all team members are demonstrating excellent customer service skills;
- Responsible for creating a monthly schedule for the tasting room and food truck, ensuring that all staffing needs (across the brewery) are being met;
- Will oversee the food truck operation. This will include staffing, scheduling, and training. Additionally, the Tasting Room & Hospitality Manager will work closely with the Food Program Lead and cooking team to create a compelling menu that compliments our Tasting Room.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly reporting within the POS system as well as Key Performance Indicators. Will be expected to hit daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales and profitability targets based on these reports and KPIs.
- Will work closely with the Marketing team to brainstorm, plan and execute an internal events plan for the tasting room. This will also include the creation of a tour program (which will need to be created, staffed, trained and maintained);
- Work with
the Tasting Room Supervisors to manage the retail keg exchange and ordering
program, ensuring that guest inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
This includes working with the production team to ensure that all daily keg
needs are picked and available ahead of time;
- Leading the customer interaction piece of the brewery’s social media program. Working with the Marketing Manager to ensure the Tasting Room is being represented appropriately on social media;
- Will lead and champion the POS system, ensuring it’s being utilized to its’ maximum benefit. Will also maintain the POS system and product list. Work with the Accounting team to ensure that all products, sales, promotions etc. are setup and utilized correctly;
- Implementing and maintaining the record keeping requirements for the tasting room, including but not limited to: Merchandise inventory management program, liquor registry, daily log book, cleaning schedule, temperature logs and daily duties for each position (open/close/expo etc.);
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations;
- Monitors competition by gathering marketplace information, trends, assessing presence, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by learning about products and trends, reading industry publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in industry trade shows
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to get the job done and completes other duties as required within the same scope and level
- Minimum 3 years of customer service experience, ideally some knowledge or experience in the brewing industry;
- Minimum 1 year of management experience in a customer service-based industry;
- Experienced with people management, and proven history of successfully leading a team;
- A knowledge and passion for craft beer, and the brewing industry;
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in a business or management related field would be an asset;
- Cooking & kitchen experience would be an asset;
- Proven customer service skills to provide impeccable customer service to our customers;
- Be a high energy and performance driven with a strong desire for continuous improvement along with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including superior interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Positive, collaborative approach to work and ability to function effectively as part of a team;
- Enthusiasm for sharing your passion for beer
Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. The Employee shall perform his/her duties at such places and during such times as may be reasonably necessary. Position may require, from time to time, travel and overnight stays.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Zach@oldyalebrewing.com