The Sales Representative will provide sales services to current account customers and will grow that customer base within the Vancouver sales territory with a heavy focus on on-premise accounts. They will work with Sales Brokers within different territories as deemed appropriate. The Sales Representative is responsible for assuring that their territory stays efficiently on schedule with regard to sales to ensure we meet or exceed the goals set by the company. The sales service will include stocking, equipment set-up and equipment maintenance. They will champion the consultative sales and will keep their territories sales activities running smoothly with an approved budget. He or she will be skilled in dispute resolution and has the ability to travel throughout their territory. The Sales Representative will also represent the company at shows, conferences and events.
- Manage the day to day sales services to current account customers and grow Old Yale’s customer base within the sales territory.
- Make regular sales visits as outlined by call coverage plan and frequency schedule expectations, including regular maintenance.
- Develop new account openings, market sales plans and makes regular sales visits to accounts, including stocking and regular maintenance of Old Yale equipment. Accessibility to customers via email or telephone. Prompt response to requests for contact. High visibility within territory. While still maintaining the 80/20 rule.
- Work the 80/20 rule and focus on “A” & “B” account base
- Ability to adjust presentation style to the buying needs of the account
- Execute margin/business plan presentations supplied by Old Yale
- Open to quarterly reviews of performance and market penetration
- Grow territory with a fixed budget
- Initiates grassroots sales techniques by scheduling appointments/drop-by to potential customers, making initial presentation, understanding account requirements and needs of potential customers. Closes new sales by building rapport with potential account, explaining products and service capabilities, overcoming objections, setup of customer account
- Coordinates efforts with other members of the Old Yale Brewing team
- Keeps management apprised of sales activity via various reports (call logs, work plans, territory analysis). Submits reports in a timely, organized manner
- Monitors competition by gathering marketplace information, trends, assessing presence, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by learning about products and trends, reading industry publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in industry trade shows
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to get the job done and completes other duties as required within the same scope and level.
- Proven experience in a sales capacity or relevant customer service related experience;
- College or University degree in marketing or business studies would be considered an asset
- Proven track record in sales generation and managing the achievement of sales results; or similar relevant experience.
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated ability in negotiation, professional selling and time management skills and budget management
- Leadership and strategic thinking skills with the ability to attract new business and develop and grow the customer base through identifying new opportunities;
- Be a high energy and performance driven with a strong desire for continuous improvement along with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including superior communication and interpersonal skills using consultative sales principles;
- Proven ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Providing impeccable customer service to our clients while being cost sensitive;
- Ability to work with various departments on resolving customer issues and suggesting enhancements and the ability to proactively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships, and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Exemplary time management skills and an ability to work within a continually evolving environment;
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including the ability to travel extensively;
- Valid driver’s licence no limitations/restrictions. Must provide a recent copy of an MVR (Driver’s Abstract)
Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. The Employee shall perform his/her duties at such places and during such times as may be reasonably necessary. Position may require, from time to time, travel and overnight stays.
To apply email your resume and cover letter to Tasha@oldyalebrewing.com