The Sales Manager is responsible for coaching and managing the day-to-day activities of the entire sales team, while maintaining and growing Old Yale Brewing’s key accounts. They will also work closely with Sales Brokers within different territories to set a vision, create a plan and hold the brokers accountable for executing against that plan. They will maintain, service and strategize on the best ways to grow Old Yale Brewing’s presence within the BCLDB listings and store network. They will champion the consultative sales approach and mentor the sales team using this approach. They will be expected to keep the overall sales team’s activities running smoothly within an approved budget. He or she will be skilled in dispute resolution and has the ability to travel throughout Western Canada. The Sales Manager will also be expected to represent the company at shows, conferences and events.
This position will report to the General Manager and would be best suited to a candidate based in the Fraser Valley.
- Work with the General Manager to set the vision and strategy for Old Yale Brewing’s sales team
- Work with the General Manager to set annual sales budgets, and to then filter those down to achievable, challenging and trackable goals for each Sales Rep
- Responsible for managing and being accountable to Old Yale Brewing’s annual sales budget
- Work with the General Manager to ensure that our brew release schedule is a good fit for what the sales team is experiencing in the day to day reality of the marketplace
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure that we are completing effective promotions in-store and on-premise.
- Work closely with the sales team to gauge their needs for POS materials, and coordinating with the Marketing team to ensure that these needs are met in a timely and effective fashion
- Manage the day to day needs of the sales team, working closely with each rep to ensure that their territories are being serviced in the most efficient and successful way possible
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for in-market coaching and ride-alongs with each rep on at least a monthly basis (more if required).
- Work with the General Manager to set the vision and strategy for Old Yale Brewing’s sales brokerages and work closely with each brokerage to keep them accountable to this vision.
- Work very closely with the Head Purchaser for the BCLDB to ensure that Old Yale Brewing is consistently growing our listing base as well as our store coverage.
- Work with the General Manager to complete any necessary Human Resources tasks for the sales team, including but not limited to; Hiring & firing, goal sheet creation, quarterly reviews, conflict resolution and PDP development.
- Organize and run a monthly sales meeting for the sales team.
- This role will be responsible for the development of Key Accounts. These include large chain accounts in both on-premise and liquor store channels. Once developed, the Sales Manager will ensure that the accounts are passed over to the appropriate Sales Rep in a smooth and steady fashion.
- Work with the Finance Manager to provide regular sales reporting and updates to the General Manager to review. This will include:
- Weekly Direct Delivery Reports
- Monthly KPI reporting
- Maintains technical knowledge by learning about products and trends, reading industry publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in industry trade shows
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to get the job done and completes other duties as required within the same scope and level.
- Minimum of five years of sales experience in the beverage industry or in another relevant industry;
- Ideally, minimum of 2 years sales team management experience;
- Ideally a College or University degree in marketing or business studies;
- Proven track record in sales generation and managing the achievement of sales results
- Proven track record of staff management and training/coaching within a sales role
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability in negotiation, professional selling and time management skills and budget management
- Leadership and strategic thinking skills with the ability to attract new business and develop and grow the customer base through identifying new opportunities;
- Be a high energy and performance driven with a strong desire for continuous improvement along with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including superior communication and interpersonal skills using consultative sales principles;
- Proven ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Ability to work with various departments on resolving customer issues and suggesting enhancements and the ability to proactively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships, and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong understanding of purchasing, inventory, product, and process flow throughout departments;
- Exemplary time management skills and an ability to work within a continually evolving environment;
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Valid driver’s licence no limitations/restrictions. Must provide a recent copy of an MVR (Driver’s Abstract)
Hours of Work
This is a full time management position. The Employee shall perform his/her duties at such places and during such times as may be reasonably necessary. Position requires extensive domestic travel.