There are 2 current openings available – scroll down for full details:
PART-TIME CASUAL BRAND AMBASSADOR
About Old Yale
At Old Yale Brewing, we’re proud of where we come from. Located near the gateway to the pristine and breathtaking Chilliwack River Valley, our home gives us a fresh perspective – a perspective that not only shapes who we are but also how we approach the craft of making great beer.
About this position
Are you a big fan of craft beer and looking for a flexible, casual, part-time job opportunity? Old Yale Brewing has openings for Brand Ambassadors in the Vancouver area. We are looking for outgoing, high-energy, active people with a passion for and knowledge of craft beer. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
+ Sampling Old Yale products in retail stores, events and festivals
+ Achieve sales goals and targets
+ Knowledge of all products being demoed
+ Actively engage customers with product information
+ Goal tracking and reporting
Skills and Qualifications
+ Exceptional interpersonal skills
+ 1 year experience in a demo or sales role is an asset
+ Serving it Right Certification
+ Flexibility to work evenings/weekends
+ Available to work on a regular basis
+ Knowledge of Old Yale products or willingness to learn
Old Yale Ambassador Qualities
+ You have outstanding people skills
+ You are upbeat and exude positivity
+ The outdoors is your playground
+ Love to have fun but are reliable and responsible
Let your adventure with us begin…
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Tell us why you want to work with us! We’re currently looking for Brand Ambassadors in Vancouver. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Brand Ambassador Application”.
## Customer Service Representative
Primarily the Customer Service Representative will provide customer service at the Breweries tasting room and at outside events as needed. The role will support the tasting room at the brewery which includes additional duties such as stocking, cleaning, inventory ordering, social media management and some sales support. This role will also, from time to time, provide assistance with the production of beer including but not limited to supply and inventory management, cleaning and stocking and bottling.
This role is responsible for engaging and connecting with each customer, thereby generating sales and brand loyalty. They utilize expert product knowledge to educate, inform and inspire customers and sales. This individual takes pride in the brand, the product, the brewery and its team and works to deliver an innovative and compelling shopping and sales experience. The Customer Service Representative is an integral member of the Brewery team and will assist with a multitude of functions from assisting customers at the brewery and at external events to assisting with brewery operations.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and works collaboratively will all members of the brewery team.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs, completes receptionist duties for the brewery
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment and maintains records related to sales
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Recommend, select, and helps locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Answer questions regarding the brewery and its merchandise
- Assists with inventory management, shelf stocking, pricing arrange and display merchandise to promote sales
- Clean shelves, counters, and brewery as needed
- Assists with events including logistics, coordination, execution (attending and assisting with set-up and tear down) and customer service etc.
- Supports the Brand Manager by responding to customer inquiries via our website, as well as answering and interacting with our fans on each of our social media channels.
- Assists with all functions of the production of high quality beer which includes but is not limited to inventory management, quality control, packaging, kegging, shipping and handling, transporting, equipment maintenance and cleaning and many other respective tasks necessary for a successful operation
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to get the job done and completes other duties as required within the same scope and level.
- A love and passion for craft beer!
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience
- ideally some knowledge or experience in the brewing industry;
- Proven customer service skills in order to provide impeccable customer service to our customers;
- Ability to complete basic mathematics and use a cash register;
- Familiar with the use of social media, including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Be a high energy and performance driven with a strong desire for continuous improvement along with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Basic Reading/Writing Skills
- Flexibility, dependable, and dedication
- Enthusiasm for sharing your passion for beer
Hours of Work
This is a part time casual hourly position. The Employee schedule will include weekday, weekend and evening work.
Please send your resume, and a writeup about why you think you’d be a good fit for this position to: email@example.com